Temporary Permit

What is a Temporary Permit ?

This permit authorising a Prohibited Immigrant to enter Malawi for temporary residence therein or to travel through Malawi upon such conditions as may be prescribed by the Minister.

Who can apply?

Any foreign national who was ever declared a prohibited Immigrant in Malawi and to temporarily enter or transit through Malawi for specified period.

How and where to apply?

You can apply to the responsible Minister through the Chief Immigration officer. The application can be submitted at our foreign missions or you can send your application with supporting documents by post, by courier to the Immigration Headquarters.

What will happen when I make my application?

The application will be submitted to the Minister for decision. Once a decision is made you will be formally notified.